SFA Board of Regents to meet May 10
The Board of Regents of Stephen F. Austin State University will convene a one-day board meeting according to the following agenda. In-person attendance is permitted, or view a livestream of the meeting at sfasu.edu/about-sfa/board-of-regents/meeting-information.
WEDNESDAY 8:30 a.m.
CALL TO ORDER IN OPEN SESSION
Welcome and Introductions
Presentation and Board Action on Agenda Items 1-4:
Presentations from Kirksey Architects, Inc. dba Kirksey; OMNIPLAN, Inc.; and Perkins & Will
- Contract Over $1 Million – Architect/Engineer Contract for Forestry, Agriculture and Interdisciplinary Project
- Resolution Authorizing Execution of an Advanced Funding Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation for a Transportation Alternatives Set-Aside Project
- Approval of minutes for Board of Regents Meeting April 23-25, 2023, Meeting 362
- Approval ofEmeritus
RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
(Scheduled for approximately 11:30 a.m.)
Deliberations Regarding Negotiated Contracts for Prospective Gifts or Donations.
(Texas Government Code, Section 551.073)
Consideration of Individual Personnel Matters Relating to Appointment, Employment, Evaluation, Assignment, Duties, Discipline, or Dismissal of an Officer or Employee, including but not limited to the director of athletics, chief marketing communications officer, chief information officer, chief diversity officer, director of governmental relations, general counsel, coordinator of board affairs/compliance, chief audit executive, vice presidents and the president. (Texas Government Code, Section 551.074)
RECONVENE BOARD MEETING IN OPEN SESSION
(Scheduled for approximately noon.)
Presentation and Board Action on Agenda Items 5-6:
- Acceptance of President Steve Westbrook’s Retirement
- Appointment of Interim President
ESTIMATED ADJOURNMENT OF BOARD MEETING
(Approximately 12:30 p.m.)
Where appropriate and permitted by law, executive sessions may be held for the above listed subjects (Section 551.071). Possible action may be taken in open session on matters considered in executive session. Further details regarding the posted agenda are available for public re