KC English Honor Society will induct 20 new members May 5
Upsilon Delta, the Kilgore College chapter of Sigma Kappa Delta – the national English honor society for two-year colleges – will induct 20 students qualifying for membership this spring.
The ceremony is set for 5 p.m. Friday, May 5, in Van Cliburn Auditorium on the Kilgore campus.
Membership in SKD requires students to maintain a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; to earn no grade lower that a “B” in a college English class; and to have completed at least one semester of college studies.
SKD, founded in 1996 at Northern Illinois University at DeKalb, Ill., is the only national organization that recognizes academic excellence in English for community college students.
KC started its chapter in 2009 by submitting an application to the national offices and undergoing a successful review of facilities and instruction.
The Upsilon Delta chapter has been distinguished as an Ivy Chapter and will continue to strive for excellence.
English instructors Heather Fitch and Bonnie Gale are sponsors of the Upsilon Delta chapter of SKD at KC.
For more information about SKD or for questions regarding membership in the organization, contact Fitch at email@example.com or Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baytown, TX: Alicia Lagunes
- Gladewater, TX: Abigail Gallant
- Gladewater, TX: Gabriella Montelongo
- Gladewater, TX: Rebecca Solis
- Hallsville, TX: Annabelle Phillips
- Hallsville, TX: Alyse Wilkins
- Henderson, TX: Hannah Davis
- Henderson, TX: Irene Elizondo
- Henderson, TX: Yanci Rivera Cruz
- Henderson, TX: Allen Shardara
- Kilgore, TX: Angie Alexander
- Kilgore, TX: Mayra Pintor-Cevantes
- Kilgore, TX: Brenden Robertson
- Longview, TX: Cynthia Mofokeng
- Minsk, Belarus: Leanid Masiuk
- Ore City, TX: Shawn Williamson
- Overton, TX: LaRae West
- Spring, TX: Codi Keng
- Whitehouse, TX: Samuel Cook
- White Oak, TX: Morgan Hammer