AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) will re-open the Texas Rent Relief (TRR) application portal to accept new applications for a remaining $96M in TRR funds. The TRR portal will accept new applications starting Tuesday, March 14, at 8 a.m. CT through Tuesday, March 28, at 11:59 p.m. CT, to help eligible households with rent and utility payments.
- First-time TRR applicants may be eligible for up to 18 months of assistance for rent and utility bills, including up to three months of current and future payments made on their behalf.
- Returning applicants who have not received the maximum allowed 18 months of assistance for rent and/or utility bills can submit an Additional Funding Request via their existing online user account. Applications will be processed in the order received, prioritizing those facing evictions.
- Apply online at TexasRentRelief.com OR call the TRR call center at 833-9TX-RENT (833-989-7368).
- Applicants should watch for communication from TRR in case additional information is needed. Failure to respond will delay the application review and payment processes.
- Those facing eviction should seek legal assistance, attend their eviction hearing and stay in communication with their landlord and the court. They can visit https://texaslawhelp.org/eviction-referral or call 855-270-7655 for help understanding their options and to seek free or low-cost legal assistance.
Visit TexasRentRelief.com for more information.
About the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs is committed to expanding fair housing choice and opportunities for Texans through the administration and funding of affordable housing and homeownership opportunities, weatherization, and community-based services with the help of for-profits, nonprofits, and local governments. For more information about fair housing, funding opportunities, or services in your area, please visit www.tdhca.state.tx.us or the Learn about Fair Housing in Texas page.