Kilgore College looks to put a bit of a scare into visitors as it hosts the fourth annual “Kil-GORE Horror Movie Festival” Oct. 24-29 at Dodson Auditorium on the Kilgore campus.
The festival will feature one movie each evening (Monday-Thursday), two movies on Friday and two movies on Saturday.
For KC students with valid student IDs, admission is $20 per student for a festival pass (admission to all eight films) or single movie passes are available for $4 per student.
For non-students, admission is $35 for a week pass and $6 for a single film.
Free popcorn will also be available for anyone who purchases a festival pass. Patrons with single movie passes can purchase popcorn at the theatre.
“We feel like Halloween movies offer something for everybody and the diversity of movies that get the most votes reflect that,” Herring said. “The main goal is to create a fun environment for our students and the community to sit and enjoy the movies.”
There is also a virtual Jack O’ Lantern Contest (open to all ages), a kids’ costume contest and a costume contest for adults (ages 17+).
The kids’ costume contest will be held during the matinee performance, 4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24.
All children in costume will get in free on Oct. 24, but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
For more information on the festival, the Jack O’Lantern Contest or the costume contests, visit www.dodsonauditorium.com/4thannual.
- Monday, Oct. 24: 8 p.m. – Frankenstein (1931)
- Tuesday, Oct. 25: 8 p.m. – Jurassic Park (1993)
- Wednesday, Oct. 26: 8 p.m. – Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)
- Thursday, Oct. 27: 8 p.m. – 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)
- Friday, Oct. 28: 6 p.m. – Zombieland (2009)
- Friday, Oct. 28: 8 p.m. – The Crazies (2010)
- Saturday, Oct. 29: 4 p.m. – The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- Saturday, Oct. 29: 8 p.m. – Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (1994)
SHARE THIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Assistant Director of Marketing
Public Information Officer
Sports Information Director