San Marcos, Texas (February 14, 2022) – The Texas High School Coaches Education Foundation is presenting its 11TH Annual Texas Coaches Leadership Summit on February 28, 2022 at Esports Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
The Texas Coaches Leadership Summit was developed from a passion to help coaches’ coach beyond the game and into the lives of student-athletes. Its goal is to motivate our coaches and other educational leaders from around the state with an injection of inspiration, character development and positive vision for the sake of student athletes. Coaches have influential power and they are in a position to directly impact the attitudes of their athletes in a positive way. It does not matter what sport they coach; coaches players look to them for leadership, guidance, and instruction.
It will be a day to remember with a host of speakers such as:
- Troy Aikman – NFL Hall of Famer, Former Dallas Cowboy Quarterback, current FOX NFL Lead Game Analyst.
- Anthony Criss – Athletic Coordinator & Head Football Coach of Arlington Sam Houston High School.
- Manny Gomez – Athletic Coordinator & Head Football Coach of Harlingen High School.
- Dr. Lisa Langston – Director of Athletics of Fort Worth ISD.
- Stephen Mackey – Motivational Speaker and Character Development coach, creator of 2Words Character Development.
- Cat Osterman – Olympic gold and silver medalist, Pro Fastpitch All-Star and three-time USA Softball National Player of the Year with the Texas Longhorns.
- Kenni Patton – Girls Athletic Coordinator & Head Girls Basketball Coach of Electra High School.
- Brigadier General Joe Ramirez – Interim Vice President for Student Affairs at Texas A&M.
- Brandon Schmidt – Head Football Coach of Prosper High School.
The event will be $89 in advance and $99 at the door. Ticket price includes a box lunch for attendees. All seating is general admission and tickets can be purchased online at www.thsca.com/summit.
The doors will open at 8:00 AM and the summit will run from approximately 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
About the Texas High School Coaches Association
The Texas High School Coaches Association (THSCA) is the principal advocate and leadership organization for Texas high school coaches. The THSCA provides the highest quality representation, education, and services to Texas High School coaches and affiliate members by enhancing the professionalism of coaches and the schools they represent. The mission statement is simply this: To help and serve Texas high school coaches as they work to help and serve student – athletes. “HELPING COACHES TO HELP KIDS.” For more information on THSCA visit www.thsca.com
About Texas High School Coaches Education Foundation
The mission of the Texas High School Coaches Education Foundation is to develop funds from a broad range of donors to provide professional education programs that will strengthen, reinforce, and enhance professionalism in high school coaches throughout the state of Texas. These programs provide instructional material as well as training in character development to coaches in Texas at both the high school and middle school level and can directly impact the lives of over 1.5 million student athletes each year. The two established events are the Texas Coaches Leadership Summit and the R.O.C.K. Mentoring Workshop.