The Pathfinders will conduct a survey and produce labor market assessments for LEDCO to determine the:
* availability of a workforce for companies which might consider the area as a location
* extent to which unemployment exists in the area
* extent to which "underemployment" exists in the area
* skills, experience and education of the underemployed workers
* desired pay of the underemployed workers
* commuting patterns of the underemployed workers
* local employers' opinions of workforce quality with respect to such factors as turnover, productivity, reliability and availability
* comparative analysis vis-à-vis other locations
"We are excited to see the results of the study and compare it to the 2008 report. Our workforce has changed quite a bit over the past two years," stated Susan Mazarakes, interim executive director of the Longview Economic Development Corporation. "The report will be used repeatedly to assist existing business in Longview with their growth and workforce development. It is also a valuable sales tool for business recruitment for LEDCO because most companies seeking to expand or relocate require this third-party report in their initial Requests for Information from the economic development office."
The Pathfinders has conducted these workforce assessments in more than 600 countries across the nation, each using the same methodology. For more information about The Pathfinders please visit their website: www.thepathfindersus.com. For more information about the Longview report please contact Susan Mazarakes at the Longview Economic Development Corporation, 903-753-7878. Click here to read the Longview, Texas Area 2008 Labor Availability Report.