According to Slingbox [www.slingbox.com] communications director Brian Jaquet -- a real-life professional TV watcher and sports enthusiast -- if you want to really step up your World Cup watching skills, take these four steps to watch the Cup like a pro:
>> STEP #1: SUPPORT TEAM USA LIVE
* USA vs. Portugal (June 22, ESPN - 6:00 pm EST)
* Germany vs. USA (June 26, ESPN - 12:00 pm EST)
With this year's USA team expected to do better than ever, it's always more fun to watch the games live -- and discuss the best players and plays around the office water cooler. If you're at work when the games air, use a Slingbox [www.slingbox.com] to 'placeshift' your living room TV to your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
>> STEP #2: TWEET ALONG WITH THE HOME FANS
* Brazil vs. Mexico (June 17, ESPN - 3:00 pm EST)
* Brazil vs. Cameroon (June 23, ESPN2 - 4:00 pm EST)
In World Cup play, the home team (in this case Brazil) usually gets a huge bump in global support. Join the chorus of fans around the world by keeping 'second screen' mobile devices handy for real-time Twitter and Facebook chats.
>> STEP #3: KEEP TRACK OF THE FAVORITES
* Spain vs. Chile (June 18, ESPN - 3:00 pm EST)
* Argentina vs. Iran (June 21, ESPN - 12:00 pm EST)
* Germany vs. Ghana (June 21, ESPN - 3:00 pm EST)
* Spain vs. Australia (June 23, ESPN2 - 12:OO pm EST)
* Nigeria vs. Argentina (June 25, ESPN - 12:00 pm EST
* Portugal vs. Ghana (June 26, ESPN2 - 12:00 pm EST)
Spain, Germany, Portugal, and Argentina are all favorites to win. If your spouse or kids have control of the living room during a big game, use a Slingbox to watch the exciting big-name matches from the kitchen, patio, or extra bedroom (without needing multiple TVs or extra wiring).
>> STEP #4: WATCH 'FUTBOL' INSTEAD OF SOCCER
* Switzerland vs. France (June 20, ESPN - 3:00 pm EST)
* Netherlands vs. Chile (June 23, ESPN - 12:00 pm EST)
* Croatia vs. Mexico (June 23, ESPN - 4:00 pm EST)
Even if you watch more American football than the international variety (which most call 'futbol'), you can broaden your horizons by watching some of the most entertaining games and learning to appreciate the ball control, speed of play, intense passion for the game."