Participants Needed for Poultry Cooking Contest
Use your best BBQ technique to bring home the coveted King Chicken award! Amateur poultry cooks are needed for the "Chicken Wars", a special event during Cookin' on the Cane BBQ Competition and Festival on June 6-7, 2014 on the riverbank in downtown Natchitoches, Louisiana. Trophies will be awarded the best BBQ Chicken recipe.
Rules & Guidelines:
· Chicken must be cooked on site.
· All chicken must be cooked completely.
· Chicken may be cooked with either a charcoal, wood, or gas pit (cooks must provide their own pit).
· Pre-marinating is allowed.
· However, pre-cooked meat is not allowed.
· Chicken-1/2 fully jointed (to include wing, breast, leg, thigh).
· Cooks must have their pits downtown Natchitoches by Friday evening at 6 p.m.
· Pickup of pits will not be allowed until the completion of the festival at 6 p.m. on Saturday.
· Chicken turn-in time is 11:15 a.m. with a 10 minute window before and after.
· Judging will begin at 11:30 a.m. Cooks must be checked in by 8 a.m. on Saturday morning.
· No day-of entries allowed.
· No entry fee required.
· Top 3 Trophies will be awarded.
For more information or to register, contact Jason Stelly at 318-357-5341 or visit www.natchitochesjaycees.com. Additional information is available from Ron McBride, Tri-Centennial Celebration Manager, Natchitoches City Hall, 700 Second Street, (318) 238-5489 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Log onto Natchitoches.com click Calendar for more information.
Check out our new website www.Natchitoches.com!