one and 18 years.
This year, there are several different locations where the program is offered.
Anyone over 18 years of age may pay a minimal price for a meal.
The program is sponsored by the Texas Department of Agriculture and begins June 8 and continues until July
30, every Monday through Friday, during designated hours, except July 4.
All sites are open to the public.
“This program is for anyone,” said Roberta Jones, GISD Food Service Director. “You don’t need to be a Gilmer
ISD student; you don’t even have to be from Gilmer. It doesn’t matter if you are the richest or poorest kid in town,
we will feed anyone.”
“Our menus meet the state requirements for healthy meals,” she said.
The menu is posted at each location and on the Gilmer ISD website.
Meals include a variety of food; from sausage and biscuits or pancakes for breakfast, to pizza or
cheeseburgers for lunch and supper.
The goal of the program is to serve as many students are possible.
“Having a food option for breakfast and lunch can simplify things in the summer,” Ms. Jones said. “It makes
meal planning easy for both the parents and their children.”
Sites and times include:
• Gilmer High School Cafeteria, June 9 through July 11, breakfast hours are 8:30 until 10 a.m. and lunch hours
are 12 until 12:30 p.m.
• Gilmer Elementary School Cafeteria, June 9 through July 25, breakfast hours are 7:30 until 8:30 a.m. and
lunch hours are 11 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
• Gilmer Jr. High Cafeteria, June 9 through June 25, breakfast hours 7:30 until 8:15 a.m. and lunch noon until
• Yamboree Fairgrounds, June 16 through July 18, breakfast hours are 8 until 8:45 a.m. and lunch hours are
11 until 11:45 a.m.
• First United Methodist Church, July 14 through July 18, lunch hours are noon until 12:30 p.m.
• Bethlehem Baptist Church, June 9 through June 11 (located at 7665 Cat Rd., Gilmer), supper hours are 7
until 7:30 p.m.
• Gilmer Housing Authority, June 16 through July 25, lunch hours are 11 until 11:30 a.m.
• Cypress St. Church of Christ July 28 through July 30 (1206 N. Cypress St., Gilmer) supper hours are 6 until
• Grace Baptist Church, July 27 through July 30 (101 Crawford St., Gilmer) supper hours are 5 until 6:10 p.m.
For more information, contact Roberta Jones at 9038417422.