A few of CardHub’s main findings are listed below. For the full 2014 Credit Card Rewards Study, please visit: http://www.cardhub.com/edu/credit-card-rewards-study/
- Capital One cards have the fewest reward limitations, with all of them receiving an overall Rewards Friendliness Score of 96.43%.
- The Discover It Card has the most rewards limitations, earning the lowest overall score in the study (35.71%).
- Rewards expiring after a missed payment and requirements that consumers meet a minimum threshold before rewards could be redeemed were the most common limitations found amongst all reward cards, accounting for 90% and 79% respectively.
- Barclaycard, Capital One and Wells Fargo received the highest scores (100%) in the Rewards Earning category, while Discover received the lowest score (16.67%).
- Capital One received the highest score (100%) in the Rewards Redemption category, while Discover received the lowest score (60%).
- Bank of America received the highest score(100%) in the Rewards Expiration category, while Citibank, Barclaycard, and Discover tied for the lowest score in this category (33.33%).