The Kilgore College Small Business Development Center, Longview Economic Development Corporation and Kilgore Economic Development Corporation will offer a small business workshop for entrepreneurs called “Tips and Tricks to Improve Your Credit Score.”
The class is set for 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, April 23, at the SBDC conference room on the second floor of the Austin Bank building in Longview, 911 NW Loop 281.
Fee to attend is $29 per person.
Since the financial collapse of 2009 and other conditions that affect the financial industry, it is important to establish and maintain a good credit score/report.
This class will be instructed by KC SBDC Business Advisor Virgel Connor.
Participants can also register online at www.KilgoreSBDC.com.
Workshop topics will include:
· How to obtain/interpret your credit report
· Legally correct your credit score without paying
· Tips to avoid identity theft, credit fraud & other popular scams
· How inquiries affect your score
· How long bankruptcies and collections stay on your report
· How is your score calculated?
· The effects of debt to income