Fire Academy will demonstrate new liquid petroleum gas equipment June 18
The Kilgore College Fire Academy will demonstrate new training equipment and a liquid petroleum gas tank next month.
The tank was generously donated and installed by Kilgore’s Martin Gas.
A live fire training demonstration using the new equipment is set for 9 a.m. Tuesday, June 18, at the KC Fire Academy Training Grounds, located at 2100 Co. Road 174 in Kilgore (Rusk County).
The public is invited to attend free of charge.
Mike Fennell, lead fire academy instructor, said that the new equipment is a liquid petroleum gas prop that will help teach fire students about ignitable liquid pits and how to control them in a safe manner.
“We are the first fire academy in this part of the state to have one of these,” said Fennell. “It can also be used for car fires, dumpster fires and fire extinguisher training.”
After the presentation, the new equipment will be demonstrated.
For more information, contact Mike Fennell at (903) 988-3762.
Directions to Fire Academy Training Grounds from Kilgore:
· from the East Texas Police Academy parking lot (Bert E. Woodruff Adult Education Center), travel SOUTH 4.5 miles on US 259
· turn LEFT onto CR #181 (Poole Road, across from Harmony Church)
· continue on CR #181 for 1.2 miles
· turn LEFT onto CR #173 and go .2 miles to the intersection of CR #174 at the cemetery
· turn RIGHT onto CR #174 (Hayes Road) and travel one mile; range is on your right
Directions to Fire Academy Training Grounds from Henderson:
· travel NORTH on US 259 to FM 2276
· turn RIGHT onto FM 2276 and continue approximately eight miles
· turn LEFT onto RCR #174· go approximately one mile; range is on your left