The program includes:
• Flag raising, Gilmer High School Jr. ROTC.
• To the Color while Flag is Raised, Lynn Alexander.
• National Anthem, Lynn Alexander.
• Pledge to the flag, led by Dan Miles.
• Invocation and welcome, Rev. Huey Jones.
• Traditional placing of the wreath at the monument to the county’s war dead, Hulene Strong.
• Song America the Beautiful, Rev. Jones.
• Introduction of speaker, Commander Gary Adams, VFW Post 6715.
• Speaker Steve Dean.
• Announcements, Comm. Adams.
• Closing prayer, Dan Miles.
• Taps, and lowering flag to half-staff, Lynn Alexander and JROTC flag detail.
Lunch served to veterans and spouses at DAV building off U.S. 271 N., across from Walmart, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.