The Gilmer School Board is scheduled to consider several major items Monday night, including adopting sex education curriculums, an agreement for consulting services on a tax ratification election, and School Supt. Rick Albritton’s contract.
The board will hold its regular monthly public meeting at 6 p.m. at the school Administration Building at Trinity St. and Warren Ave.
With Gilmer Schools on spring break, Albritton could not be reached for comment Thursday on the sex education matter or the potential tax election.
In other business Monday, the board is scheduled to consider cancelling the May 11 school board election, as allowed by state law when the race is uncontested.
Trustees are also scheduled to discuss personnel matters in closed session before taking any action in open session.
The board is also scheduled to:
• Consider renewing property/casualty insurance coverage.
• Consider renewing worker’s compensation coverage.
• Possibly approve an interlocal agreement with the Upshur County Shared Services Cooperative.
• Hear Albritton report on the Gilmer Future Farmers of America trap shooting team, and on a “Discipline Data Validation Report.”
• Hear any public comment on any item on the agenda.