New advanced certification course will be offered for office managers March 26
Kilgore College Small Business Development Center and Longview Economic Development Corporation will offer a new one-day certification program, “Advanced Office Manager Certification.”
The seminar is set for 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, the Hampton Inn North, 3044 N. Eastman Road in Longview.
“This course is a must for any office worker that supervises the activity of others,” said Melanie Northcutt, SBDC training coordinator. “We will explore common challenges and provide proven tools that will allow your office to run smoothly and efficiently.”
Northcutt said the course will improve workers’ skills whether they are new to management or a seasoned office expert.
The Basic Office Manager Certification workshop is not a pre-requisite to this course, Northcutt said.
Instructor will be John Grubbs, principal consultant and owner of GCI, a high-impact training and consulting firm.
Registration fee is $259 which includes lunch and all course material.
Limited seating is available so early registration is recommended.
For more information, visit: www.KilgoreSBDC.com.
Workshop topics will include:
· Generate a positive attitude at work
· Effectively deliver and receive feedback
· Provide performance reviews that really work
· Discover how to become an excellent supervisor
· Learn how to prevent and resolve office conflict
About the instructor, John Grubbs:
· Specializations include executive coaching, sales training, human resource consulting, safety consulting, behavior-based safety implementation and leadership training for supervisors, managers and executives.
· Grubbs has more than 16 years of leadership experience, published several books and articles and works with leaders at all levels to improve the performance of many well-known companies internationally.
· He holds degrees in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Technology and a Master of Business Administration with a focus on organizational leadership.
· John is an affiliate member of the Worldwide Association of Business Coaches and is a Registered Professional Industrial Hygienist and a Certified Senior Technology Manager.