Pittsburg ChickFest 2011 to be Bigger and Better than Ever!
PITTSBURG, TX Sept. 2011 – The streets of Historic Downtown Pittsburg will transform into an open-air marketplace on September 17 as vendors from all over East Texasconverge on the city for ChickFest. Estimated attendance at the annual festival, which is Pittsburg’s biggest, is 14,000.
- ChickFest officially kicks off with the annual ChickFest Golf Tournament. Sponsored by Cypress Bank, the golf tournament, a four-man scramble, is set for Sept. 15 at Princedale Country Club. There is still room for teams to sign up. The tournament can host a maximum of 18 teams.
- On Friday, Sept. 16, Capital One will again serve up their annual Hot Dog Lunch and Pilgrim Bank offers a sweet treat at their homemade ice cream tent starting at 11 a.m. Both banks are downtown on Jefferson Street.
- The ChickFest carnival turns the Pilgrim Bank parking lot into a midway at 6 p.m. Friday, lighting up the night with exhilarating rides and games until 10 p.m. Friday night is armband night.
- Saturday’s festivities begin at 8 a.m. with more than 125 Main Street vendor booths, including three food and beverage courts.
- Pendergrass Park and the Gazebo will be open this year and will feature Karaoke and local talent. Karaoke sign-ups are at the Chamber both on Saturday morning. We also feature Jump ‘n Inflatable bounce houses.
- Other features at the festival include the Water Wars balloon toss game; Guaranty Bond Bank will have dunking booth and the Lion’s Club will again host Chicken Scratch Bingo and Kids Rooster Crowing Contest at 12 noon under the light at Mount Pleasant and Jefferson Streets.
- The ChickFest parade will begin at 10 a.m.
- The 7th annual Tommy Lee Memorial Biker Run will lead off the ChickFest parade and then head out on the highway, with the final stop this year in downtownPittsburg.
- ChickFest will also feature a Classic Car Display along the west end of Quitman Street.
- Also, look for the Kids Activity Center featuring free games and activities; including the duck pond game, rubber chicken toss, egg race and egg toss contest, plus “Chic Pics,” a great photo opportunity with the Pilgrim’s Pride Chicken Mascot. The Chicken will be available to pose with your child from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- The annual Pittsburg Hot Link Eating Contest will be held on Market Street near Marshall Street. Contact Pittsburg Hot Link Restaurant at 903-856-5765 for an entry form.
- Also, don’t miss the Scout Troop 210 Cub Mobile Races near the Courthouse, Identi-Kid at the Pittsburg Police Department, the Friends of the Library 5K Run and FREE tours of The Depot and Farmstead museums.
- For more information, contact Allen Weatherford at the Camp County Chamber of Commerce at 903-856-3442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.