* ChickFest officially kicks off with the annual ChickFest Golf Tournament. Sponsored by Cypress Bank, the golf tournament, a four-man scramble, is set for Sept. 16 at Princedale Country Club. There is still room for teams to sign up. The tournament can host a maximum of 18 teams.
* On Friday, Sept. 17, Capital One will again serve up their annual Hot Dog Lunch and Pilgrim Bank offers a sweet treat at their homemade ice cream tent starting at 11 a.m. Both banks are downtown on Jefferson Street.
* The ChickFest carnival turns the Pilgrim Bank parking lot into a midway at 6 p.m. Friday, lighting up the night with exhilarating rides and games until 10 p.m. Friday night is armband night.
* Saturday’s festivities begin at 8 a.m. with more than 125 Main Street vendor booths, including three food and beverage courts.
* Pendergrass Park and the Gazebo will be open this year and will feature Karaoke with Randy Brannon and local talent. Karaoke sign-ups are at the Chamber both at Pendergrass Park on Saturday morning. The Gazebo will also feature the Chickadee Chickadude Contest, which is for kids ages 2 to 6. Pendergrass Park will also Jump Inflatables bounce houses, and Marsha’s Exotic Petting Zoo.
* Other features at the festival include the Water Wars balloon toss game; Guaranty Bond Bank will have dunking booth and the Lion’s Club will again host Chicken Scratch Bingo at 12 noon under the light at Mount Pleasant and Jefferson Streets.
* The ChickFest parade will begin at 10 a.m. and will feature KLTV meteorologist Marc Scirto as the 2010 Grand Marshal.
* The 6th annual Tommy Lee Memorial Biker Run will lead off the ChickFest parade and then head out on the highway, with the final stop this year at Slim’s Bar & Grill in downtown Pittsburg. There will be a bike show and live entertainment at the Courthouse Stage until 9 p.m. This year’s headliner is Diddly Squat. Other performers are Thirteen Creek Crossing, Circle C Cowboy Church band and Spanish Dust.
* ChickFest will also feature a Classic Car Display along the east end of Jefferson Street.
* Also, look for the Kids Activity Center featuring free games and activities; including the duck pond game, rubber chicken toss, egg race and egg toss contest, plus “Chic Pics,” a great photo opportunity with the Pilgrim’s Pride Chicken Mascot. The Chicken will be available to pose with your child from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
* The annual Pittsburg Hot Link Eating Contest will be held on Market Street near Marshall Street at 12:15 p.m. Contact Pittsburg Hot Link Restaurant at 903-856-5765 for an entry form.
* Also, don’t miss the Scout Troop 210 Cub Mobile Races near the Courthouse, Identi-Kid at the Pittsburg Police Department, the Friends of the Library 5K Run and FREE tours of The Depot and Farmstead museums.
* For more information, contact Lynda Stringer at the Camp County Chamber of Commerce at 903-856-3442 or email email@example.com.