No injuries in trailer fire
Apr 25, 2013 | 1029 views | 0 0 comments | 7 7 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Fire caused probable “moderate damage” to a mobile home’s attic on Evergreen Road south of Gilmer on Tuesday afternoon, April 16, Gilmer Fire Chief Jerry Taylor said Monday.

A person who was cooking something on the stove “walked off and left it to do something else,” resulting in grease overheating, Taylor said. The blaze went up a Vent-A-Hood into the attic, he said.

Taylor said he didn’t know the names of the trailer’s occupants, and that a leasing company out of Gladewater owned the structure.

Nobody was injured in the fire, he said.

The West Mountain Volunteer Fire Department also responded to the 5:45 p.m. call at the home near Dave’s Stereo, which is on U.S. 271 S., Taylor said.
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet