Missing a W-2? Here’s what to do . . .
Feb 19, 2014 | 707 views | 0 0 comments | 6 6 recommendations | email to a friend | print


DALLAS - Make sure you have all the needed documents, including all your Forms W-2, before you file your tax return. You should receive an IRS Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, from each of your employers. Employers should have issued your 2013 Form W-2 by the end of January.


“If you have not received your W-2, contact your employer to inquire if and when the W-2 was mailed,” said Clay Sanford, an IRS spokesman in Dallas.  “If it was mailed, it may have been returned to the employer because of an incorrect or incomplete address.”  After contacting the employer, allow a reasonable amount of time for them to resend or issue the form.


If you encounter problems receiving your W-2 after first contacting your employer, call the IRS for assistance at 800-829-1040. When you call, you must provide your name, address, Social Security number, phone number and have the following information:


•  Employer’s name, address and phone number


•  Dates of employment


•  An estimate of the wages you earned, the federal income tax withheld, and when you worked for that employer during 2013. The estimate should be based on year-to-date information from your final pay stub or leave-and-earnings statement, if possible.
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet