Fifteen indictments—five of them for drug- or alcohol-related offenses—were returned by the Upshur County Grand Jury when it met Monday.
There were also four indictments dealing with offenses against public servants.
Eighteen cases had been presented. Two were no-billed, and one case was passed.
Five of the 15 indictments were sealed (not revealed yet), because the suspects had not been arrested yet.
Cases were presented to the Grand Jury by Upshur County District Attorney Billy Byrd, and bonds were set by 115th District Judge Lauren Parish.
Those named in unsealed (open) indictments, the charges against them, and their bonds include:
• Taylor Ryan Buxton, 28, Gilmer, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon against a public servant on Oct. 13, a first-degree felony. Bond was set at $75,000, and the suspect remains in the Upshur County Jail.
• Ronald Dean Fults II, 42, Gilmer, possession of a heroin, a controlled substance on Aug. 17, a state jail felony. Bond was set at $10,000, and he remains jailed.
• Clifford Alan Plant, 43, Gilmer, possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine, with intent to deliver, on Jan. 7. The charge is first-degree felony. Bond was set at $50,000, and the suspect remains jailed on other charges.
• Joe Rosalas Jr., 31, White Oak, possession of meth, a third-degree felony on Dec. 2. A $35,000 surety bond was set.
• Whitney Rena Houston, 19, Winona, driving while intoxicated with a child passenger on Aug. 22, a state jail felony. A $10,000 surety bond was set. (In a surety bond, the suspect retains a bondsman to post the amount of the bond.)
• David Furman McWhorter, 62, Gilmer, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon against a public servant, a first-degree felony, on Oct. 31. Bond was set at $40,000, and he remains jailed. He was also indicted for burglary of a building on the same date, a state jail felony. Bond was set at $5,000 on that charge.
• Clinton Lee Wimberley, 40, Big Sandy, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony, on Oct. 15. A $25,000 surety bond was set.
• Kevin Patrick Fimple, 43, Gilmer, injury to an elderly person, a third-degree felony. Bond was set at $25,000, and he remains in the county jail.
• Morgan Hughes Hawley, 29, Big Sandy, harassment of a public servant, a third-degree felony. A $10,000 surety bond was set, but the suspect remains jailed on a Motion to Revoke Probation action in another case.
Charges in the sealed indictments included:
• Driving while intoxicated, subsequent offense, a third-degree felony.
• Aggravated sexual assault of a child, a first-degree felony.
• Sexual performance by a child, a third-degree felony.
• Indecency with a child, a second-degree felony.
• Assault family violence-Occlusion, a third-degree felony.