Defendants, charges and bonds in the indictments were as follows:
• Rocky Joe Hogue, 30, of Big Sandy, driving while intoxicated with child passenger on July 21, $20,000 surety bond.
• Jimmie Lavona Hordge, a 48-year-old Big Sandy man, driving while intoxicated; subsequent offense, on July 3, $10,000 surety bond.
• Justin Allynn Newby, 26, of Hawkins, assault—family violence—impede breath/circulation on June 24. He remained in county jail under $50,000 bond.
• Billy John Mason, 54, address unknown, retaliation on July 29. He remained in county jail at Gilmer under $10,000 bond.
• Keenan Charles Payne, 31, of Gladewater, driving while intoxicated—subsequent offense; on June 10, $3,500 surety bond.
• Alan Starr Martin, 33, of Gilmer, driving while intoxicated—subsequent offense on Aug. 20, $10,000 surety bond.
• Joseph Donald Smith, 57, of Gilmer, was separately indicted on two charges. One was driving while intoxicated—subsequent offense, with deadly weapon, and the other was aggravated assault with deadly weapon, both alleged to have occurred July 23.
Although bond was set at $10,000 on the DWI and $35,000 on the assault charge, Smith cannot be released on bail since he is being held in county jail on a charge of parole violation, Byrd’s office said.
• Sonya D. McLaren, 36, of Ore City, driving while intoxicated—subsequent offense, with a deadly weapon—repeat offender on July 13, $2,500 surety bond.
• Frank Anthony McDonald, who turns 50 today and is from Foreman, Ark., possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine) on Feb. 13, 2010, $7,500 surety bond.