Commissioners previously voted to outsource IT services, which will eliminate the jobs of Karmen Kelley, manager of the department, and Heather Steelman, her assistant.
Also on the 15-item agenda is the annual distribution of Available School Funds, monies collected from leasing school land the county owns in Baylor and Throckmorton Counties in West Texas.
Other than routine matters, action/discussion items include:
• Approve contract for outsourced IT services with Inline Network Integration or issue a request for proposals for IT services.
• Division order from Trans-Oil Marketing about the School Land.
• New election meter for a pergola built at the Upshur County Library by Friends of the Library.
• Insure food purchases for the county jail are in compliance with the Texas Local Government Code.
• Resolution regarding parking alongside Hwy. 154 in front of New Diana Elementary School.
• Purchase six extinguishers for Sheriff’s patrol vehicles from the contingency line item.
• Award construction manager for courthouse Americans with Disabilities Act renovation.
• Relocate the office of Constable, Pct. 1, effective Jan. 1, 2013.
• Consider ordinance on excessive noise levels in Upshur County.
• Possible action on county travel policy.